Saturday, April 2, 2011

Duo 7:Maybelline Smooth Mousse Foundation and Dream Matte Powder Combo


I decided to end my series with the best combo I have found recently that Ive been absolutly insanly madly in love with!! Its the Maybelline foundation and powder. The foundation is the Smooth Mousse in porcelian ivory. I usually go for liquid foundation but decided to try something new and Im so happy I did. Smooth mousse is this creamy but yet light foundation. It blends like a dream and fairly matches my skin tone. I apply it with my fingers just because its faster. It leaves my face with a satin finish. Then after applying my foundation I set it with Dream Matte powder in light. The powder is a little hard to describe, its not like any powder Ive ever used before. Its lightweight but dense in the sense of not a lot of fall out. I apply it with my flat top powder brush from ELF. It leaves my skin so soft and you cant tell I even have powder on. What I love is that it doesnt rub off on fabric ypu know when you hug someone. Now this combo isnt perfect. It doesnt have a strong lasting power. I say maybe 6-8 hours keep in mind I wear this in 80 degree dry weather AND no AC in my car. lol. My biggest thing about it is that the coverage is medium, I prefer FULL. Im not sure if this product is being discontinued although I have a slight suspecion since I dont see much. If you know please inform me, in the count that I have to buy back ups! Its my go to product when Im in a hurry, which is 90% of the time.

I really like the packaging as well. Especially the powder.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review!:D

    This would be great for the summer, a medium coverage is fine with me when it's hot.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete